New Marston Sunbeam Website

Started by shorrog, September 22, 2016, 06:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorrog

Hi Folks
This is a quick note on some work I have been doing on the Club website. As many of you know the Web develops at an incredible pace and the technology moves on.
Over the last few years there has been a massive change to the devices that people use to view a webpage, no longer do people just use a PC. They may access from a smart phone, Tablet PC etc. This has resulted in large changes to web design, you need a web page that can be viewed on everything from a 5" screen to a 20 inch monitor. This has been recognized by Google who now downgrade your website unless it is mobile friendly ie you must be able to view it on a Smartphone otherwise you will appear low down in the rankings on Google searches.

To this end I have completely redesigned the website so that it is now "Responsive" ie it can be viewed on everything from a Smart Phone to a large Monitor. The images on pages change in size dynamically dependent upon the size of the screen. The menu structure also changes as the screen size changes, collapsing completely on Smart Phones. I have added buttons to links as I believe these provide a cleaner looking page. I have also changed the overall colour scheme to make it slightly more readable and  to distinguish it from the old site. The search capability has been improved in that it now searches both the website and the Forum and the Beaming Index is now more closely integrated into the website.

Please take a look and if you do spot any issues please let me know at graham.shorrock@gmail.com
Graham