The Les Newman Memorial run 2018

Started by huwparsons, March 02, 2018, 11:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huwparsons

White Horse at Woolstone fully booked now.
There are still rooms available for the night of 2nd June at the King and Queen at Longcot at £75 B&B

Let me know if you would like help with accommodation...

Brgds

Huw

huwparsons

The Marston Sunbeam Club & Register
The Les Newman Memorial Run Sunday 3rd June 2018

PREBENDAL FARM, BISHOPSTONE, WILTSHIRE SN6 8PT

11.00 Start  Route card or guided ride with a stop for refreshments at 'The Crown' in Aldbourne. The run follows Les Newman's practice route for the 1934 Manx Grand Prix in which he did so well. The route winds round the Wiltshire downs on a variety of A and B roads and has a couple of decent climbs, great scenery and wonderful views.
Route card supplied or 'follow me'

There will also be a 60 mile social run into the Cotswolds starting at 12 noon on Saturday 2nd from Prebendal farm for those who would like to make a weekend of it.This will take in some of the idyllic Cotswold landscape and villages. Again Route cards available or 'follow me'. There will be a couple of stops for refreshments. Bibury was a particular favourite last year.

On Saturday evening there will be a meal at one of the local pubs. Lifts to and from the pub will be available should you not wish to ride.

If you require accommodation and would like some help please get it touch soonish as  the local inns and pubs with rooms are busy at this time of year.
Camping/ Camper van area also available (please enquire)

Please contact Huw Parsons (huwparsons@mac.com) or telephone 07979250930 to let me know if you are coming and do leave a message if I don't answer as I can't always get to the 'phone!

Organiser: Huw Parsons