Question to the club board

Started by Thomas, September 07, 2023, 07:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singleminded

I always try to post on here and facebook.
I find that some Facebook answers are made by people who have no knowledge of Sunbeams.
The members of this site may be a little slow in answering but the answers are usually correct based on experience.
John

phutton

So many people, including our members, spend a lot of their lives on Facebook,so it is very easy to load questions and replies on there. We have tried to encourage members to use the Forum, as the search facilities are excellent, and we can go back at least 8 years, but the convenience of FB seems to win out. We currently have more FB followers than we do members, not a situation I like but then I don't use FB, and never will!

We could try a note in Beaming, or on Faecebook!

P.

Thomas

It seems that the club forum is almost dead and the vast majority of Sunbeam owners play at the club Facebook site. I don't want to complain because it is everybody's personal decision to use a private external website or not (I don't for digital hygienic reasons). However, as a club member I ask the board for their opinion if this is a good strategy, especially since reading the Facebook content temporarily requires a registration.

Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)