Lucas H52 headlight switch sleeve nuts

Started by Phil Durrant, April 18, 2023, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Durrant

Thank you. I'll look out for some, or maybe try and make some.

pmossdpc@gmail.com

Hi Phil, it's 2BA20230425_193230.jpg

pmossdpc@gmail.com

Quote from: Phil Durrant on April 25, 2023, 05:22:18 PMThank you.
I have looked at the replica switch as suggested, but the replica just uses a set screw and nut, which is what I have done.

Phil Durrant

Thank you.
I have looked at the replica switch as suggested, but the replica just uses a set screw and nut, which is what I have done.

pmossdpc@gmail.com

I have a H52 lamp with the original fittings! I will remove one and see what it is

Phil Durrant

Thank you, I will try him.
I have managed to secure the switch with modern fixings, and have had to modify it. It would like to keep it as original as possible.

phutton

Try Vintage Replica in Czech. He makes very nice replicas of this headlamp. see www.vintage-replica.com/207--replica-of-headlamp-lucas--h-52-1930-1932/207--replica-of-headlamp-lucas--h52-1930-1932/ . Jiri is a Sunbeam owner, and may be able to help with the screws. His English is quite good so a phone call may be best.

Phil Durrant

On a run at the weekend both of the sleeve nuts that hold the headlight switch in place on my 1930 Model 9 disappeared.
Can any one tell me where I can source replacements, or give me the type and pitch of the thread (BA,BSF,BSW etc.)

Thank you
20220419_190701.jpg