Sunbeam 1932

Started by klaudius, March 09, 2019, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

integerspin

I don't think home printed waterslides are suitable for that.
But I can see how to something like that could be done with waterslide, I have done similar.

Cut a mask a bit bigger that the lettering, use the mask to apply size for the leaf, add gold leaf.
Do a black water slide that covers the gold leaf and has the lettering clear.

I used waterslides on push bike frames and they were pretty succesfull. I used gold leaf, silver leaf
and paint to provide bases for them.

Don't bother with inkjet use a laser.
I bought a cheap vinyl cutter to cut masking as I can't do it with a light box and scalpel anymore. 

I used the cheap chinese waterslide paper from ebay, I had no luck at all with the expensive papers.
I stopped using water after I had decals fall off, I use Decalfix or Microsol/Microset.

It's much easier to buy them.

klaudius

Hello. The originals of my 9A are a bit finer and more filigree than the men can buy. Photo collection of all year and models of original Tranfers would be a good thing. Is there something like that already? Greetings from Germany. Claudius

Rennmaschine1930

Hello. Attached is a photo of an original headstock graphic ca. 1930. The decal you show is visually the same, however as you know the original is in gold leaf. I hope this helps you. Many thanks.

klaudius

Hello. Has anyone already compared the steering head sticker with original 1932 from this period? There are already differences. Have for comparison a 9A. No one had ever tried to push the powerful pen aside and tested. Do not think all the right stickers are received. Greetings from Germany.Claudius

Greybeard

Hello, folks.
Just a word about printing your own waterslide transfers. They work on light coloured backgrounds - after a fashion, but not on black backgrounds. The inkjet colour printing is also translucent so whatever the background colour is, is comes through if the transfer backing is clear. I tried some when I was restoring an ancient bicycle a while ago and was very disappointed. Waterslide transfers need to be properly made with opaque inks/paint.

Steve
1916 Triumph Model H
1926 AJS G8 500cc ohv
1937 Sunbeam Lion 500cc
1937 Ariel 500cc
1949 Matchless G80S
1952 BSA A10 Golden Flash
1953 Matchless G9
1953 BSA B31
1961 Matchless G80
1961 AJS M31 De Luxe 650cc
1961 Panther M120 650cc
BMWs R100RT - R80 - 1960 Earles fork R60
1960 Rover P4

Thomas

Hello Claudius, I'm not sure I understand the problem but if it's just the size of the transfer you can print water transfers yourself. There is special paper for that. So first reduce the size of the emplem, print and apply.
Greetings from Cologne, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

klaudius

The original relatively small stickers are not included. Nevertheless many thanks for your suggestions. Someone else an idea vo I could get something like that. Claudius

wessex_man

phutton

You can get all the Sunbeam transfers from "Classic Transfers" in England. Try their website https://classictransfers.co.uk .

P.

klaudius

Hello. My 9A from 1932 is in absolute original condition, only 16,800 km since new. Bought new in Cologne, the machine outlasted the robbery by Nazis immured. My question: does anyone know where I can get such a sticker? I need that for my second machine 7A also 1932. Unfortunately I found nothing. The Sunbeam bike is something but with writing. The original ones are without writing, only the sun. Does somebody has any idea? Only Sunbeam I found ... is bicycle . Greetings from Germany. Claudius