Started by pintalion, April 14, 2020, 10:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintalion

Hello Kbyt, many thanks for the welcome and in Spanish, you can not be more elegant.

It is true that in those times of restrictions, there were mechanics who were real magicians, because without resources or training they were able to make anything work.

The engine and frame numbers I can provide you with are the ones I have in my file at home since we can't travel to the garage because of the restrictions of the Coronavirus to check them out, it seems that there is an error just as Ken Jeddere told me, in his welcome message as a member of the club.

The engine is J-4022 and frame 87015, but I tell you this 8 may be a B.

kbryt

Hola Jose, bienvenido al maravilloso mundo de Sunbeam  ;D

40 years ago I had a lot of business with vintage bikes in Spain, I sent many bikes out there, to Barcelona, I also saw the miracles that were worked in restoration and how difficult it could be;few people comprehend the effort that went into  keeping a bike running with no spare parts in the Franco years.

You have a bike with potential there, and hopefully not too much alteration or extra welding additions.With luck the gearbox is in good condition too.

If you put engine and frame numbers here, there will be more accurate information.

En caso de dificultad, mi esposa habla muy bien español.

pintalion

Hello colleagues, I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself, my name is José Antonio and I live in Seville - Spain, and I am another happy owner of a Sunbeam motorcycle which I present to you, although in my case it is more a project than a motorcycle since I have to restore it, for which I will ask you in due time for help.

Best regards,

PS: Forgive me if there are misspelled or badly sounding words, but I don't know English and I use the Google translator.