Battery carrier housing

Started by rosie sunbeam, May 22, 2017, 04:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosie sunbeam

Thank you for the reply wessex_man this is really helpful to me, i very much appreciate your help, Terry

wessex_man

Here's a picture of one on a 1937 series 2 m9 I don't know if they changed much from 36 season to 37

The spring clips are awkward to made Cournicopia does them for BSA's but I think the originals are a hinged arrangement the bolt is used to secure one half of the hinge if you see what I mean. The links on the site don't work but select say G14 and scroll down to the electrical bit and you will find the Lucas T battery housing and clips.
http://www.cornucopia-enterprises.de/spares-bsa_pre.html
pre restoration photo you can just make out the plate and bolt fixing holes.

rosie sunbeam

Thanks for that phutton any help is is most welcome Terry

phutton

A T-pattern battery was used for the 1936 season. The carrier consists of a U-shaped bracket with an eye at each end, and it is secured to the set tube by clip and four screws. Sorry I can't help with pictures or a drawing.

P.

rosie sunbeam

Hello beamers can anyone tell me where i can see good photos for the battery carrier for my 1936 model 8 tourer, i am at present restoring her to                 (as close as i can) former glory but i am certain that the battery carrier has been fudged its not sunbeam quality and looks all wrong. cheers Terry