1935 500cc Lion Info

Started by PAN23, October 22, 2023, 09:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

Have a look at:https://marston-sunbeam.org/sunbeam_shop17/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category. We can supply good quality copies of all 1935 Marston manuals, instructions, spares list and catalogues. Although not workshop manuals in the modern sense, these booklets will be very helpful in maintaining your machine. Although not illustrated, the spares list gives you a good idea of what should be on your Lion, and the illustrated 1932-34 list shows what they should look like.

P.

PAN23

Greetings All
Need a bit of advice. I'm a newbie here on MSCR and not much good on forums tbh. I recently acquired a 500 Lion that had been asleep for a while. It surfaced at auction in Arpil this year, was bought by a dealer, who spruced it up a bit, then sold to me. It acutally seems like a nice bike. tank is clean inside and its an easy starter and all original.

I'm after any diagrams / schematics / drawings of available engine / gearbox internals / workings. I know the SV engines are quite basic but I'm a visual learner and this will help me decide if I want to take certain parts of the engine / gearbbox down to rebuild, etc.
Hope someone out there can help me
Ta ;)