Cam lever and Piston

Started by John Stanley, November 01, 2011, 12:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

Hi John,

Fortunately, my 26 M9 engine is currently awaiting re-assembly, so I have been able to do some measurements:

Followers have been re-profiled by Chris Odling, giving a 1.5" radius

Piston dimensions: Piston has a cone form, o'all ht = 3.125", Compression ht (C/L pin to top of cone) = 1.60", cone ht = 0.28", dia of pin = 0.625". I will e-mail a picture.

I hope that helps!

Paul

John Stanley

Am progressing with the restoration of my 26 Model 5 Short Stroke.  Successfully had the cams re-ground, but cant figure out for sure what the radius of the cam follower is.  Also, as anyone compiled a list of the engine specifications, that would be handy, although most can be figured out.  The Radius of the cam follower cant be easily figured out due to extreme wear.  

Does anyone know of a source for a Model 5 short stroke piston?  Or even the specifications to have one made.  Are they flat top?  How about compression height? (distance of pin to top)  and total length top to skirt.  My engine had been fitted with a totally non-standard piston, and actually seemed to run pretty good, but would rather have the right one.

John Stanley, Hood River Oregon  USA