Stand Clip

Started by John Stanley, September 07, 2011, 06:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

Yes that's the one! Sorry about the slow response!

Paul

John Stanley

Thanks for your reply!

Want to be certain my rear stand clip is proper before copying it.  It is generally curved and is in 2 pieces.  One piece has the full bend to hook the stand, and the other is straight over the open end of the hook, with 2 little ears to keep both pieces lined up.  It certainly looks right to me, but this is the first flat tank sunbeam I have ever seen in person.  

I took the cams and follower levers to a grinder today.  Found the timing info, but do you know if the club might have any details on the actual profile of the cam?
John

phutton

Hi John,

I have a 26 M5 also, and would answer your questions as follows:

1. I use Penrite semi-fluid grease in my gearbox. If you have totally dismantled it, it should take approximately 8 ounces of lubricant.
2. Knee pads were supplied as standard. I have seen similar models fitted with a pair of kneepads that are laced around the tank. Try Mark Baker on +44 1562 710366
3. The front stand clip is the same as the rear.

I hope that helps.

John Stanley

Hello, I am a new member as of June.  My first post.  Finally getting to my project, a 1926 short stroke light solo.

QUESTION:  How can you tell how much oil goes in the gearbox?  Oil or greas, or mix?

QUESTION:  Should there by kneepads on this model?  Most pictures I have of these models dont have them, but some do,  Were they optional?  I dont like them and would rather leave them off, but want to be proper as built at the factory.

QUESTION:  How is the front stand retained?.  is there a clip cimilar to the rear stand clip?  My fully valenced mudguard has a shield rivited to the bottom of the rear.  So it appears such a clip would have to extend down through it.

John Stanley
Hood River Oregon  USA