10TT32 carb - How to attach the throttle cable to the throttle slide.

Started by Gaz_95L, June 03, 2013, 10:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz_95L

I found out how to fit the cable, Mr Phizacklea came to my rescue.

You simply remove the needle, then put the cable nipple in the hole it fits through, then slide the cable across to the opposite hole where it doesn't fit through and then refit the needle. All done !

Thanks,

Gary.

Gaz_95L

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. I've added some pictures into the Gallery (I'm no David Bailey) and I hope you can see that there is no recess. Let me know if you want me to add some more pictures.

I probably need someone who has a TT carb on there bike to see what their throttle slide looks like !

Thanks, Gary.

shorrog

Hi Gary
There was a fault that prevented attachments being uploaded to this board, I think this is now fixed.

Anyway to your question, I am no expert but I was thinking that a photo of how my throttle cable is attached may be useful. I will also post a couple more in the gallery.
Its a bit difficult to see but basically the throttle nipple sits in a recess in the slide and is held in place by the spring pressure.

Graham Shorrock

Gaz_95L

Hi,

I'm trying to fit the original 10TT32 carb to my 95L, but I think there is something missing from the throttle slide. I can't figure out how the throttle cable attaches itself to the top of the throttle slide, something must be missing, question is what ?

I don't think I can attach pictures (I do have pictures if I need to send them to anyone) so I'll try and explain. In the centre of the slide is the needle which is held in place by a clip. Either side of the slide are two holes, one slightly bigger than the other. Suffice to say the throttle cable nipple only fits through one of them, but there is no obvious way to lock / clip the throttle cable / nipple to the throttle slide.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Gary.