Les Newman run 2017

Started by huwparsons, June 15, 2017, 06:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huwparsons

Hello all

Two weeks today for the Les Newman run, details as before.
Hope to see you there!

Best

Huw

huwparsons

Hello all

Accommodation is booking up fast for the weekend of the Les Newman run night of 19th August.
The White Horse at Woolstone has one twin and one double left.
I think the Royal Oak at Bishopstone is down to its last few rooms too and these are the rather more expensive family ones.

If you fancy coming and need help with finding a room please let me know and I may be able to help; there are many more inns scattered around the area!

Brgds

Huw

huwparsons

Hi Vic

I know the Royal Oak have only a couple of single rooms which I guess have probably gone.
The White horse is pretty good though as you know
Great to hear you and Phil are coming again; really looking forwards to it.

Huw

VicYouel

Quote from: VicYouel on June 16, 2017, 02:29:46 PM
Phil and I will be staying at the ~Royal Oak hopefully
Vic
They only had a family room at well over 100 quid per person and the bloke I spoke to was difficult to understand so it's back to the White Horse. with two roms booked at 75 quid each.

VicYouel

Phil and I will be staying at the ~Royal Oak hopefully
Vic

huwparsons

Hello All

Just to say that the run this year will be in the same format as last and start again at Prebendal farm on the Sunday morning at 1100.

Once again I'm doing a social run out into the Eastern part of the Cotswolds for those that fancy it on the Saturday afternoon. This again will be from Prebendal farm Bishopstone.

This year the Royal Oak pub in Bishopstone has opened up a small Annex with rooms; Its a belting pub with really top food. Two members are already booked in for the Saturday night.   http://www.helenbrowningsorganic.co.uk/

Last years accomadation at the White horse at Woolstone is also great and we had a lovely meal there
https://www.whitehorsewoolstone.co.uk/

I should be able to give people a lift (depending on numbers!) between the two should we all wish to eat together on the Saturday night. There is always the option of the Indian in Shrivenham too!

I expect most will just come for the run on Sunday though; lunch stop at the Crown in Aldbourne again as the landlord couldn't have been more helpful in previous years..

Really looking forwards to it, see you at the annual weekend after next!

Huw