Handlebar Dimensions

Started by Russ, December 30, 2022, 04:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommo903

Hi Russ,
I've just collected my 1927 model 9 and measured the handlebars that are fitted. Using the same points for dimensioning as you have, the width of my bars are 28 1/4" and the length of the bar to the start of the bend is 7 1/4".

I can't tell you if these are as per the originals, however to me, they do look about right.

Steve

singleminded

They are not the same part number for 1927 and 1932.

Russ

so if the 1927 year bars are the same as 1932 year bars I'll need to cut 1 1/2" off each end......I'll need to double check this before I break out the chop saw....LOL.......cheers and happy new year

singleminded

28 1/1" on my original 1932 bars. The new bars I got from the club are 31 1/2" and are longer from the bends out compared to the originals.

Russ

me again chaps more questions.....got my new bars the other week F pattern all fitted up plenty of faffing about though getting the bar end levers to fit up the ends of the bars had to grind them down a fair bit to fit them still they're done now I think they look pretty good just need a pair of either John Bull or AMAC grips to finish off.....not sure whether I'm going to plump for utilising the lever throttle I sourced and fitted or whether to source a 7/8" straight pull throttle (anyone got one they want to sell must be 7/8" mind) anyway the Amal twist throttle it had originally fitted will need some sorting as the twist action is very tight...not sure why....I'm hoping the throttle tube is out of round and it's not the bars of course if I plump for the lever throttle it wont matter.....anyway having had a long look at the Bars fitted I can't help thinking they look very wide (it may well be my eyes)....so I've measured them from end to end horizontally across the bars and they measure 31.5" and from the end of the bar to start of the first bend (at the clutch lever) it measures 8.5" does this seem correct? if not I'll need to cut them down somewhat? if so what should they measure anyone got any ideas.......thought I'd better ask before I start ordering new cables Etc......cheers