Recommendations sought for refurbishment and restoration of mag/dyno

Started by Blacklightning, May 17, 2018, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

Hi Stuart,

I have used Armoto for a very rare BTH Dynomag. They did a beautiful job, and were very happy to show me their facilities. They are very well equipped, and handle a very wide range of work.

Paul

Blacklightning

Evening All,

I am in process of restoration of a 1927 Model 5.

I'm looking for recommendations for someone to restore and refurbish the magneto/dynamo to "as factory finish" condition and convert to two brush operation at the same time.

I have tried ringing Burnham-on-Crouch (Samuels?) for over two weeks with no reply to the telephone.

I have sadly (I deduce) offended Armoto who gave me a quotation for the work and I asked if I could drive to Chesterfield and view the facility and see the work they are doing to satisfy myself I wanted them to do the work (as I don't know anyone who can recommend them and I can't find any testimonials) - since that email they are now not replying to me.....oops.

So, can any member recommend someone to restore and refurbish the unit, managing the polishing, painting and internal works to a standard just like it left the factory? I can manage the dull nickel plating of the badge myself once it is removed.

Fingers crossed.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Stuart