Alloy welding success

Started by kbryt, August 24, 2018, 06:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbryt

Here's the original crack, which has been there for many years, I look forward to no oil leaking out.

kbryt

At last, seem to have cracked it,what a palaver though,

You can see the size of the crack by the length of the weld, and also the neat little repair between the camshaft bushes and the bearing housing. A bit of cleaning up with the Dremel and a good scrub it'll go back together this weekend.

singleminded

On my computer I go into the picture file and right click the picture. I then choose the option to ' edit' and that opens a new window.Choose resize from the top menu and a pop up box will appear .Click on the pixels button and set the horizontal width and save the changes and you should then be able to post the picture here..I always make a copy of the picture and modify that in case any thing goes wrong .That's what I just did with this.

kbryt

nope.
next lesson lease, how to reduce it :-[

shorrog

Hi
Glad you got the welding successfully sorted, the technique sounds great. With regards to the photos to the forum I have had to limit the size due to limitations with the hosting platform. If you set the image to 1024 pixels wide then they will upload without problem. 
click on "Attachments and other Options" then choose file

Graham

kbryt

After a tip off from Vic about Laser welding of aluminum I took my badly cracked crankcase to EMP  in Havant; Not only did they make a splendid repair they spotted and repaired two smaller cracks I had not seen. Whats more they are a bike friendly firm.

Not cheap by comparison with TIG but far better and sounder.  http://www.e-m-p.biz/

I would put up pics but loading photos on to here is soooo labourious and slow, then it tells me they are too big ??? Can't attach or insert ::)