M9A 1932

Started by klaudius, December 16, 2020, 06:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaudius

Hi there
First of all all the best to all of you in the new year 2021. I'm working on my original paintwork 9A 1932. Short disassembly down to the last screw and reassembly. Preservation of the original substance has top priority.
I plan to replace the lid of the box with plexi during a test run in order to control the supply of lubricant. Have somebody already done that? Furthermore, I ask myself about the nozzle size of the 29 Amal. Is that recommended by Sunbeam or is it greater due to new modern fuel? Experience? Greetings from Germany
Claudius.

AndyB

There's a set of transfers available from the VMCC here:
https://www.vmccshop.net/sunbeam-saddle-tank-set

klaudius

Hallo. I'm still looking for Sunbeam Logo with Sunbeam below. Not for the M9A but for the M7A. Does anyone know where I can buy so eas. So far I haven't found anything. They were definitely on from the factory in 1932. Nice size Claudius.

klaudius

Hi there
Many license plate brackets were damaged by too much pressure on the screw when the rear wheel stand wobbled. I built an intermediate piece to remove the pressure from the plate and to fix the whole thing on the same side without enlarging the original holes in the terry holder and fender. Now the whole thing is very tight. I am very satisfied with the solution. It's mostly the mundane things that do the work and it's the same ones that keep getting on your nerves while driving. Best regards Claudius.

singleminded

I have no answer for you i'm afraid Claudius..When I got my 1932 9A it did not have the stand clip. That was back in 1970. All the other screws on the mudguard were standard and were hexagon headed with screwdriver slots.

klaudius

Hi there. Have the whole thing already disassembled, cleaned and preserved. Think the bottom screw was round and thin like the other screw on the terry holder. Mudguard also has 2 identical holes. I can't do the old Sunbeam to drill out the original substance. Will make and adjust the screw again. Quite a strange construction is the transition from license plate to terry holder. Is that just there and is screwed on? Is the only screw that has been missing since 1932. Does anyone have any idea what that looked like back then? Greetings Claudius.

klaudius

Good Morning
I have a question about a mounting screw for the rear license plate holder. Is for 1932. The terry holder is attached invisibly behind the license plate with a round screw. The same screws are in the bracket handle on the fender. How saw the second lower screw from Terry halter that was screwed through the bracket and license plate. Except for one screw, all the others are still the original for me. Although I meticulously recreated a hexagon screw with a slot (like the fender bracket) but I'm not sure whether it had such a shape. Does anyone have such a screw in the original to look at? I would have been very happy about a description or even a photo. Greetings from Germany . Claudius.