phutton

Good idea Ian - I will have to try it!

P.

Andy Cubin

Thanks Ian,

got one - like it!

Andy

iansoady

I use a small gel battery of the type usually fitted to burglar alarms and the like.

Maplins do them: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/6v-sealed-lead-acid-battery-45ah-1-pack-l21ac although they were on special offer for (IIRC) about £8 when I bought the last one.

Too early to tell whether it will be OK on the Model 10 but they've been fine on a variety of other bikes - both dynamo and alternator charging.

singleminded

Exactly what I did..Not easy if your local shop is a major dealer though,all they will ask is what bike it is for..My little 'back street' bike shop has a book that lists batteries by size and i found my one in there..I converted to 12V though,and fitted a regulator in it as Paul has suggested..John

phutton

Quite honestly, Andy, the best way is to take the battery box to your nearest motorcycle shop and try a few. It might be worth allowing space in the box for an electronic regulator and some rubber padding to hold the battery snugly. A reasonable size Varta will cost you about £15

P.

Andy Cubin

Hi Folks,

For those of you following my Model 8 strip down, will know the awful state of the electrics - the attached shot illustrates.

I have acquired the VMCC battery box, whose inside dimension are 3x4x5 inches.  Can anyone recommend a supplier of a 6V battery that will fit snugly into this box?

Cheers