Burman gears

Started by phutton, May 26, 2015, 10:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

max

Hi John,

I'll have to strip it and measure and get back to you on this one.

singleminded

I see what your part numbers are but there are 2 sizes of these in my experience..The ones I've got have '42 BA' and '43 BA' cast into them..Some have no cast in numbers so I would need some dimensions..John

max

Hi and thanks for the help, the numbers are 3210-31 & 3214-31

singleminded

The selectors have numbers cast in them..If you can supply the numbers I should be able to help..

Paul check the diameter of the gearshaft splines ,I may be able to help

phutton

Thanks John. The VOC have the 33 tooth mainshaft final drive gear on order, but can give me no indication when they might have them in. I actually need a 35-tooth gear, but can get away with a 33-tooth gear if I change to a 21-tooth small layshaft gear.

Attached are photos of the gear. The diameter of the shoulder is 1 3/4" by 0.2" long, and the spigot is 2.28" long from the shoulder with a diameter of 1 1/2".

Do you also have a spare gearlever?

Thanks for looking!

Regards

Paul

max

I don't suppose you have any Burman BAP selector forks in said box for sale? Jim

singleminded

Paul..you will most likely find that the internals are the same as the Vincent Comet BAP..The VOC spares co are producing new gears for these boxes..Failing that as they are not cheap , I have a large amount of Burman internals in a big box..I may have  some good usable parts if you can get me some dimensions as the box has 500 and 350 parts...John

phutton

Does anyone have a spare 33 tooth mainshaft driving gear (15BA) for a BAPB gearbox, plus the 21 tooth small layshaft gear that goes with it? Any ideas about possible sources?