ohv sunbeams

Started by timraindle, April 12, 2017, 01:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

Hi Tim,

It's a Model 9 from 1927 (L1001 to L 1753). The other is a 1929 M9 twin-port.

Paul

wessex_man

Sounds about right the first of the wet sump models Single L denotes single port LL twin-port. But apart from that they should be the same.

timraindle

Got a pair of crankcases marked L 1222.  Bob Champ book says L for 29/30 model 9 starts at L 3001, can anyone correct me on this ? Is it a model 9 number ? Also have a pair of cases marked LL 3686, that would be a 1930 optional twin port I presume ?
Thanks in advance for any help.
        Tim

VicYouel

Good to meet you at the Xmas meet in Windsor..... made a emntion of your Sunbeam search in the next issue of Beaming.

all t he best
Vic

timraindle

Hi All, just returned to the register after a couple of years. Currently living in Connecticut, working thru recommisioning a 1935 model 9 recently purchased  by a friend, and have a 1930 model 5 in the UK. I would like to hear from anyone one the east coast US with a Sunbeam, and will be at the AMCA Oley meet at the end of April on the 101 Association stand. I am also trying to round up vintage bikes to be displayed at the Concours event at Lime Rock Park Racetrack , NW CT on Labor Day Sunday, any interesting two wheeler pre 1985 is welcome, older the better.
I run a small workshop specializing in Indian motorcycles from the twenties thru 1953, and am looking for parts for a long term OHV flat tank project. I do a lot of frame / fork repairs, like a challenge, and would love to hear from anyone who may have  broken/ rusted thru, horribly bent 1927/28 frame or fork parts that they would want to part with for a reasonable sum.( Anything at all really, all I have is a couple of pairs of cases , a cylinder and bare head.)