Lion parts required please

Started by mike bockh, May 09, 2013, 12:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicYouel

Slight delay, the chainguards and rear number plates should be ready by the end of July so get your order in to Les before they run out!

Vic

VicYouel

The club now has the right chain guard (open type) on order and should be in stock in time for Banbury.

According to Les Hobbs that regulator is no longer available, more's the pity.

Vic

VicYouel

Well what a good chat today as we combed through  many aspects of thirties machines......... shame is that I now realise I need a kick start crank for my project number 3!! Because I have so many parts like brake levers I had assumed I had spare cranks so now I have an autojumble/ebay objective unless our spares scheme can help!

Cheerio for now

Vic

mike bockh

Thanks Singleminded for your reply and that excellent site.

VicYouel

That's the first time i have heard of that motomania web site. Looks good stuff but prices and shipping cost not given for the Sunbeam guards.

Interesting.
Vic

singleminded

VicYouel

Hello Mike,
If you email me directly I can let you have the email address of a Mr Swainson in Essex who has a regular stall at Kempton. He  does a nice rear number plate for 30 quid and can make chain guards.

I had a panama hat mudguard made by local company (Eversley) but it was expensive! See attached picture. I can lend it back to them if you want one made. Does your project have the same dog leg forks?

Also does it use the AW/BW four speed box?

A chap in the midlans (Barbour?) used to make the three position regulator but I regret I do not have a spare.

Cheerio for now

Vic

PS Could not attach the photo as it was bigger than the permitted 128kb size. So email be direct please

mike bockh

Hi there,
I am rebuilding a 1935 Lion and am in need of the following to save the project from stalling so any help or advice gratefully received.

Parts required.

Chaincase or guard, mag dyno and sprocket, clutch lever, carb, gearshift lever, gear shift gate, front mudguard, oiltap/regulator for oil tank, saddle, rear no. plate, exhaust pipe.

As I say, any advice most welcome. Parts or patterns.

Many thanks and safe riding.

Mike