Missing horn....

Started by paul.w, November 29, 2020, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaudius

Hello
The horns (M7A / M9A 1932) sit on the front fender.Clearhooter Q - Typ?  They have been there since they were bought in 1932, greetings Claudius

paul.w

Quote from: klaudius on November 30, 2020, 05:27:37 AM
Good Morning.
I don't know the type of your horn, but maybe the plan helps a little. Is from 1932 but the principle is the same. Greetings Claudius
Thanks. It is as I expected. I need to trace the wiring to find out where the wire from the horn button goes - if I can without making a mess of the loom.  Alternative would be to take power off the back of the ammeter and add 2 new wires and a horn.  Where is the horn fitted on your bike?

klaudius

Good Morning.
I don't know the type of your horn, but maybe the plan helps a little. Is from 1932 but the principle is the same. Greetings Claudius

paul.w

I've said that, once I'd sorted the carb, the next question would arrive shortly.  Here it is.......
The bike is missing its horn.  There is a button on the LH bar which provides a switch to earth.,  The single wire goes into the headlamp and the disappears intro the main wiring loom.  It may of course have been randomly rewired, but if the wiring is correct can someone tell me where I should expect the wire to go and the horn to be mounted (I'm guessing somewhere under the seat) The other side of the horn should then be connected to 6v, where would that 6v be taken from?  I could bodge in an additional wire, but I'd prefer not.