VicYouel

Good evening gentlemen.

I am not a regular visitor to the forum   but the valves can be found at

https://marston-sunbeam.org/sunbeam_shop17/new-stock/429-valve-model-990-.html

Thomas can you email me and I will send a copy of the G&S drawing of the valve

We  do have several spare sets of colletts
Vic

Thomas

Why should I sell something I do not really pay for and I do not really need? Claudius, I am happy to support fellow Sunbeam drivers. But let's wait what Vic says.
Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

klaudius

Hallo Thomas. That is a very nice gesture from you. Of course I will pay for all of them. Greetings Claudius.

Thomas

Hi Claudius,

if the valves mentioned by Vic match with my model, I would take a pair and you can have the collets for free.  :) I don't need the collets.

Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)

klaudius

I would like the collets for the valves. If it is not possible to buy it separately, I will buy a complete set (2) of valves with the collets. Where should I send the money. I am already a member but have no experience. Can someone help me with buying? Greetings Claudius

Thomas

Hi Vic
QuoteWe still have 6 in stock and they now come complete with colletts..... thanks to another member.

I already asked in the forum some days ago but didn't get an answer.  Where are they in the shop? Do they match with my measures? What's the price?

QuoteThe tulip valves with their extended stems do create problems with valve guides that need shortening.
Well, if tulip valves are original, I would stick to them. Guides can easily be shortened.

QuoteObviously the difficulty is ensuring good dimensional specifications for G&S
I am not sure. I have taken the measures from my valves and at least the stem diameter matches with the valves in the club shop.

Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)

VicYouel

Thomas
We still have 6 in stock and they now come complete with colletts..... thanks to another member.

The tulip valves with their extended stems do create problems with valve guides that need shortening. Currently I feel that we may be better off with a conventional model 9 flat faced valve rather than selling the performace tulip one and that type could use a more conventional collett and standard guides. Obviously the dificulty is ensuring good dimensional specifications for G&S
Vic

Thomas

Hi all!

G&S Valves made the tulip valves for the club shop (https://marston-sunbeam.org/sunbeam_shop17/new-stock/429-valve-model-990-.html) . The price for two new valves is 109 quid. However, when four valves are ordered they cost only 61 quid each (I will certainly buy two extra as spares). If ten valves are ordered they ask for 33 quid each!

My top diameter is 1.69", the stem has 0.37" and the total length is 4.12". If the club and/or single club members are interested we could order six more valves for the club shop. As far as I understand the G&S engineer this offer is only valid for identical measures.

Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)