Help Required

Started by Waterman, March 10, 2013, 11:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicYouel

See http://www.gsparkplug.com/shop/klg-ml50.html  they can supply the KLG ML50 long reach; works well for me.

Vic

phutton

Good news - well done! I look forward to seeing the pictures!

Waterman

Paul, fellow members:
I thought I would update you all, I have just taken her out for a small ride to test all parts are working correctly, my carb has been repaired by Martyn Brabury and is now on my Sunbeam, fettled sorry adjusted to ensure smooth operation. I have also fitted new cables, oiled and working correctly.

I have taken your advice and purchased some spares fitted and replaced some of the worn out parts and she is running supbeley sweet as my daughters say. My beautiful Sunbeam is ready for Banbury in June, so hopefully I will see some of you there!!

Must go now the weather is saying: "take me out again".

Andy (A Very Happy Sunbeam Owner)
PS once I find out how to upload photos I will put some on this site..

Take care and safe riding

Waterman

Paul,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, I'm trying to get it right has I have done with all my bikes and take any advice from anyone who has or does own one of these magnificant machines.

I now have a shopping list, its like Christmas again, and intend getting these essential spares ready for the riding season.

Once again many thanks for all your help

Andy A Happy Sunbeam Owner

phutton

1. If an 18mm plug, then it is a Lodge H1. The modern equivalents are:
Champion D9, Bosch M7AC, or NGk AB-7
2. A normal set of Lucas mag points will do - contact any of the mag part suppliers
3. You certainly will need a copper/asbestos washer.
4. I normally use a straight 50SAE oil if the bike is for summer use. Morris, Silkolene, Penright all supply this grade for old vehicles.
5. I would suggest plug, points, clutch cable, soft iron wire (garden type is good) for holding broken things together! After that where do you stop?
6. There is a condenser built into the mag. If you are concerned about it, have a look at the points. If they are clean the condenser is ok; if they are burnt you might need a new one. Best get it checked professionally.

Hope that helps!

Paul

Waterman

Beamers: I'm after some more info on the "smooth" running of my beautiful Sunbeam 1928 Model 1/2...

1. What spark plug is required?
2. What type of points is required?
3. Do I need a copper washer between the Cone fin on top of the engine?
4. What type of oil is required for the main bearing lub?
5. What spares do I need to buy for the up and coming Bandbury Run 2013?
6. Do I need a condensor if so what type?

In anticipation many thanks

Andy