1930s 350 cc engine

Started by Holbay, January 10, 2022, 09:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holbay

OK thanks guys. I can only take a guess that over the years they changed the finning configuration to improve air flow. But as you say are they all interchangeable.  All part of the fun owning these fine bikes.

phutton

Good point, John. What is the engine number?
The problem is that JML used four slightly different barrels through the 1930s, and the 1936 one had a number unique to that year. Unfortunately, there is not enough information to determine whether any other barrel could be used. The one thing we can say is that the footprint of the base of the barrel is common from 1927 through to 1938 - they all use the same gasket!

P.

singleminded

https://www.sunbeamland.com/partslist/
This is a good place to search for the compatibility of parts.
Search for the year and the part you want in the browse section and find the marston part no. Then go to the search section and enter the part No and it will show what years and bikes are compatible.
Make sure that you bike is really a 1936 and not a 1935 that was registered the following year..i know someone who's bike was at the dealers for 2 years before it got registered.

Holbay

Hi everyone. Are the 1930s 350cc cylinder barrels all the same. I've seen on in std bore for sale and it certainly looks the same as my 1936 model 8. But is there anything I should be looking out for. Thanks