1937 Model 14 Sports Engine

Started by darrellh, December 31, 2021, 01:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrellh

Thank you Thomas, your photos and drawing really clear it up for me. Before I undertake making these I will alter my search criteria and seed eBay to see if something comes up. At least now I know what I'm looking for. Thanks again for the help and Happy New Year.

Thomas

Hi Darrel,

attached is a drawing of a 1937 Model 9 motor (I have one) where you can see the exhaust valve cover. And two pictures of my motor. The exhaust and inlet covers are idetical. Let me know if you need more information about the size.

Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

darrellh

Hi everyone
I am doing a restoration/refinish of a 1937 Model 14 Sports, (engine only) for use as engine art. I am close to completion and have managed to source most of the needed parts through the club shop and eBay but not all. I still need the magneto and cam sprockets which I will order when the club shop has stock again, the engine cush/drive sprocket assembly, and the 3 way oil tap & line that runs from the crankcase to the rocker box but I will send an email to the parts team to find these items. If however anyone has a tip on where to find these parts it would be much appreciated.

I am stumped on the rocker box. It appears to me that there was some sort of cover or shield on the front and rear of the rocker box where the rockers are, as there are stubs and what seem to be pin holes that would accommodate some sort of cover or shield (see photo's). I have searched the net for photo's of the rocker box to no avail. I can make these if they in fact existed if I can find a photo of them. Can't think of any other reason for the stubs on the rocker box to be there other than some sort of shield. Any information you can share would be very helpful and appreciated. (Hopefully the photo's upload)