Carb and ignition

Started by Thomas, June 11, 2023, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Thanks, Paul! I already found out by myself and got them in Germany. And I realised again that a certain diameter automatically gives TPI. I like imperial threads.  :)
Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

phutton

These would be 5/16 BSF set-screws.

P.

Thomas

Hi all! I decided to buy a new carb but that needs a 1inch spacer and respectively longer bolts. Can someone tell me what thread the regular bolts have?
Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)

Thomas

Hi all!

I meanwhile found out why an accurate adjustment is not possible anymore. My throttle slide is worn and I need an overhaul or replacement. Now, I do not want to only put a new slide into an old body. Is there a company who can overhaul it with a sleeve?

Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)

Thomas

Hi all!

I need some advice for adjusting the carb and ignition. Here is a small clip about what happens at idle.
https://www.stsci.de/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/carb.mp4
It seems as if mis-fire blows back out of the carb. I found this procedure for adjusting it.

1.           Warm up engine
2.           Screw in idle air adjusting screw until engine almost stops.
3.           One turn out again.
4.           Adjust throttle slider for advanced ignition.
5.           Open air slide and apply throttle slowly.
6.           The engine should now increase speed slowly and continuously up to about 1/4 throttle.

The main jet is clean and already step 2 doesn't work. The engine doesn't tend to stop at all.  Does somebody have an idea what is going on here?

In addition, when driving slowly the revs follow the advanced-retard adjustment. That is, at full advance the machine becomes faster even without opening the throttle. When driving slower I need to retard again. I didn't have that before.

Cheers, Thomas

1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)