The Les Newman Run May 26 2019

Started by huwparsons, February 21, 2019, 03:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huwparsons

Hi Vic

The route is a bit longer this year at 70  miles so we shan't get to Aldbourne until about 1430 I reckon.
Planning on a stop at about 1200 at a pub called 'The Barge' at Honeystreet.

Really looking forwards to it!

h

VicYouel

Looking forward to meeting  members at  this event?  As a spectator I shall be watching at the usual lunch stop at  the Crown at Aldbourne from noon at SN8 2DU

Hoping for the usual good weather too.

Vic

huwparsons

The Les Newman Run Sunday 26 May 2019

PREBENDAL FARM, BISHOPSTONE, WILTSHIRE  SN6 8PT

Les Newman's TT practice route around the Wilshire downs has given us a great day out for the past five years, but has always felt as though it's over too quickly, so this year we have decided to make a few changes. The run will still start and finish at Prebendal farm and cover virtually the whole of Les Newman's route but will be around 80 miles long and take in some great roads and scenery south of Marlborough and along the vale of Pewsey as well. There will be a pub stop around halfway in addition to the usual stop at 'the Crown' at Aldbourne just before the finish.

11.00 Start, Route card or guided ride with Light refreshments available at the farm before and after.

There will also be a social run starting at 1300 on Saturday 25th from Prebendal farm for those who would like to make a weekend of it. The route will run through the 'Vail of the White Horse' And will include the UK's original Iron Age white horse at Uffington Castle. Again Route cards available or 'follow me'

On Saturday evening there will be a meal at one of the local pubs. Lifts to and from the pub will be available should you not wish to ride.

There is no charge for this event but any donation to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance would be gratefully accepted

If you require accommodation and would like some help please get it touch soonish as the local inns and pubs with rooms are busy being a bank holiday weekend. May I recommend the newly renovated accommodation at the Royal Oak at Bishopstone as favourite with great food and beer. The White Horse at Woolstone is a close second although 3 miles from Bishopstone.
Camping/ Camper van area also available (please enquire)

You will shortly be able to 'Book' a place on this event at the Club Website shop.
If you do not have internet access then please contact me on 07979250930 to let me know if you are coming and do leave a message if I don't answer as I can't always get to my mobile 'phone.

Organisers: Huw Parsons and Chris Fisher