Sunbeam 500 1924

Started by klaudius, May 27, 2019, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hubii

Hello wessex_man,
thanks a lot - I have a little other construction... I attached some pictures I found...

wessex_man

Here is a better picture of the brake assy on my 3 1/2hp which would be similar to what you want. The tape measure is extended to 8 inches to give you some idea of scale.

The brake block was made from the solid block available from the VMCC brake block scheme.

hubii

Thanks to singleminded and Wessex_man!

with frame and engine number - Paul indicate a Model 6... I try to make some pictures from my missing things... can anybody complete the pictures with measurements? 

It would be very, very helpful for rebuild by myself...
greetinx
Hubii

singleminded

wessex_man

You are welcome. Yes original rims would be very hard to find still you never know. I guess your model is a 3 1/2 h.p. Light solo (model 5).

The front brake arrangement shouldn't be that different to my 1923 3 1/2 h.p. I'll get some measurements the weekend if you want?

The carb fitted on my bike is an AMAC I dont understand what you are missing from yours?

hubii

Hello Wessex_man,
now I am also in the club (and member of this forum) many thanks for your answer and also thanks to Klaudius, who help me for the first step into this forum... I see, it's very difficult or impossible to get a front wheel with a brake rim... when I get none, I try to get new rim...

I also need approximate measurements (maybe photos) from the brake system, conical neck for the carburettor would be very helpful... I try to build it to myself...

Greetinx /hubii

wessex_man

I see your friend has a pattern for the brake rim so could have one made.
https://www.bertpol-vintagemotorcycles.com/riempoelies%20GB.htm

another possibility
https://www.vintagerimsaus.com/

klaudius

Hello. A good friend of mine is looking for his 1924 500 Sunbeam a front wheel, brake ring and the brake system. Also the conical neck for carburetor. Does anyone have something to sell? For the carburetor pruning also the sizes would have been enough to build the himself. Thanks in advance. Greetings Klaudius