Series 1 => Series 2

Started by Thomas, May 25, 2020, 08:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbryt

The AMOC covers only AJS Matchless bikes, mostly 1940 on.

There is a sluggish pre war section which can be useful.

Possibly what Vic is suggesting is that some pre war AMC parts may interchange? I have a 1938 Matchless an some parts are indeed similar. to AMC Sunbeams.

AMC certainly used up Sunbeam parts to supply new bikes while the parts lasted. You may well have bits from all over in your bike, to say nothing of wrong parts fitted in the last 80 years.

do not be too pedantic about originality is my advice.

shorrog

Hi Thomas I have not heard of a AMC forum. I think your bike is covered by the club and this Forum.
Graham

Thomas

Vic writes that the club can't help with a girder spring for my 1937 AMC produced machine (thanks again for your investigations, Vic). I am not sure if I understand right because written messages potentially give wrong impressions. It's a 1937 Series 2, indeed, and, hence, manufactured by AMC. On the other hand, according to 'The Sunbeam Motorcycle' by Bob Champ AMC continued manufacturing Sunbeams with original parts made in Wolverhampton up to the 'Light Solo' in 1938. I am now insecure now. Do I have a Sunbeam which matches the club and forum or is there an AMC forum which matches it better?

Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)