Model 95L Gearbox

Started by MarkO, May 03, 2020, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkO

Hi Paul
Thanks for your reply. I actually took the plunge and undid it a t-clockwise after talking to Chris Odling. It was very tight so difficult to tell if it was loosening!
Anyway, all is OK. If you have any info on setting up the mechanism, that would be most appreciated. I notice that the positive stop posts have tapped cross-holes in them which I assume would have been for adjustable limit screws? There is nothing fitted to them at the moment. Do you know anything about that?
The mechanism seems to be in good order but I notice that the centralising plunger has some play in it. It does not seem to affect operation of the mechanism though.
I am hoping to get the box apart tonight.
Sorting out the mainshaft and the resulting clutch runout problem should hopefully be the last stage in what has turned out to be a long project. The gearbox is the only item that has not been subject to forensic scutiny!
Best regards
Mark

phutton

Hi MARK,

I'm not entirely sure what this bolt is for, but on mine, I have just used it as a thread-locking device. It isn't LH.

To mark up the Vernier, I would get some black marker pen across both parts, then scribe a straight line across. Don't worry too much if you do lose the setting, there is quite a lot of info about on how to set the thing up. I'll send you some!

Regards

Paul

MarkO

Hello all

My 95L has a suspected bent mainshaft, so I need to pull the gearbox apart. I was hoping to do it without disturbing the gearbox selector mechanism but it seems that is not possible as one of the nuts securing the gearbox cover can only be accessed when the mechanism is dismantled.

I have attached a picture showing a bolt  (arrowed) at the end of the selector mechanism that appears to be left -hand thread. Does anyone out there know if that is the case?

Also, is there any way of marking up the mechanism to help get the vernier adjustment correct when I put it all back together?

Any help would be appreciated

Rgds

Mark