Bearing

Started by klaudius, December 04, 2019, 06:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaudius

Hello
Absolutely wanted to keep the whole original as possible. The parts are built with laser and ground slightly. Also the bearing ring was slept. Now the parts fit together again as they did in 1932. Think with new balls, the bearing will hold for a few decades again. It is for a 9A 1932. Greetings from Germany. Stay healthy. Klaudius

klaudius

Thank you for your answers and suggestions. State of affairs i volgendes. Weld the reader. Then go to other company finishes, the camp will be there. Then go to DLC coating. Only the processed surfaces are coated. Thus, the original diet would be restored as from 1932. If anyone is interested I will reinstall photos greedy.Gruss from 10 degrees warm Germany .... Claudius

phutton

The ball bearing was introduced with the 6-spring clutch in 1928. Up until then a bronze bush was used. Some people have successfully used a bronze bush in place of the ball bearing.

klaudius

Yes.The game is important that it works well even when warm. Aledings starts wiggling the whole thing is too good of the good. I repaired this quite pragmatically 5 years ago. After more than 9000km the funkcion is still great. Anyway, it hurts me to take something away. So my try to leave as much as possible original. Does anyone know the exact size of the camp? I would like to have ordered that. Here is a picture of the repair. I'm sorry that I attached so many photos. But with my English that is at least something to understand. Many thanks. Claudius

phutton

There does need to be a sliding fit of the bearing on the inner clutch plate boss to allow some "float". If it is a tight fit, the clutch will drag.

klaudius

Thank you for the address. Will ask there. Does anyone know the size of the camp? Mine is not yet squeezed. The wear and high tolerance arises on the parts themselves. With new bearings, I will have to build up the parts literally to have good guidance. But maybe already enough a new camp. Greetings from Germany . Claudius

phutton

Vintage Bearing Company can supply this bearing. Contact on https://www.vintagebearings.co.uk/ or vintagebearing@aol.com

klaudius

After measuring I'm convinced that it is not in stock (runways like new, gets new balls) but at the 2 shots. Either the metal will be sprayed on or laser applied and then again sanded präsise round. Somebody like that already? What would be the right tolerance? Of course, the heat should not clamp the whole thing .... Greetings Claudius

kbryt

Quotebut new saddle makes goat no horse.

Love that, makes a change from silk purses and pigs ears ;D

Tom Snow

Hi Klaudius,

I believe this bearing is no longer available however if you contact H. B. Precision Bearings 01484 665116 http://www.hb-bearings.com/ they will be able to repair it and / or make a new one.  They have re-sized and repaired bearings for me and are now my first stop when I have an obsolete bearing problem to resolve.

Regards,

Tom.

klaudius

Hi. My clutch bearing has a lot of km. Is this something new to get? Although I can change the balls but new saddle makes goat no horse. Is for 500 1932. Greeting Claudius