Sidecar information required

Started by johnguppy, December 24, 2017, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wessex_man

Hi here's a picture of the sidecar which I let go in 2005 I just didn't have the space to justify in keeping it. You can see the remains of the luggage rack and how it was fitted to the chassis in the second picture. The sidecar has been brought back to life, restored and been in use in VMCC training days. 

johnguppy

Since purchasing my Model 7 Sunbeam  it has been my intention to find the correct sidecar  and  restore it back as it was delivered  from the factory in 1927, I have now found a sidecar and chassis and  I am now looking for some information  on the sidecar

I am seeking some information on the rear luggage  carrier    ,It seems that there was a tool box  that is fitted under the carrier  on checking pictures it seems that the tool box  is fitted  on metal bracket's   fixed to the  underside of the sidecar body, the luggage top  which is clad in white  rubber like the foot boards  is the lid of the tool box  and when you unlock the tool box  the lid can be hinged up  at an angle to gain access to the tool box  , being all fitted to the body  all vibration is taken up in the 4 springs 
Would anyone who has a carrier tool box be able to take some pictures   or perhaps  let me visit and take my own   I would be most grateful  if someone is wanting a carrier  or spare wheel   fixing  perhaps we can swap ideas  and I am happy to make spares to help out 

thanks in advance 
john Guppy