Sunbeam Light Solo Serie 2

Started by speedsonic, June 09, 2012, 11:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedsonic

Of course I'm interested to get in touch with you. If you could help me I would be very gracefull. I'll be at Netley Marsh and at Beaulieu ( Y016/Y017). Last night I realized that also the toolbox is mising, so a pattern wil be anyway very useable.
regs speedsonic

Ash

speedsonic

Ash

Hi Speedsonic,
which Ireland do you mean you are coming to england?

Do you fancy organising a meeting and chat?

Ash

speedsonic

The yokes are missing. I do have detailed informations and as well pictures how they should look like, but it's a lot of work to reproduce them. I'll travel to the island next week for nearly 3 weeks, if I can't find some, it will be a a proper work through the winter time.
speedsonic

Ash

Hi,
here is an example of a light solo showing the engine number position

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17358/lot/283/

Ash

peter wright

Thankyou for replying. The frame number should be found at the top of the front downtube on the left side, on the head lug casting near the steering damper anchor. Its probably just a 4 digit number in the range 1400-1600. There might be a 25 prefix number.
Are your fork yokes missing or just damaged. These are Druid forks but there are many versions as used by other makes as well. Because of this it should be possible to find something that will fit. I might be able to send photos.
Regards, Peter

speedsonic

This frame has a lot of numbers stamped in. If you can tell me where it should usually be, I'll do some investigations.
I'm still looking for a top- and lower fork yoke for this model.

peter wright

Paul has advised that the A prefix to your engine number denotes 1938. The X suffix denotes the later style of gearbox with enclosed clutch lever that was introduced in early 1938.
Several Club members are researching the Light Solo and Light Solo Sports models from 1937 and 1938 and we would very much like to have your frame number and date of first registration (if known) for our small database if you are willing to divulge these. You could post it here or to me privately if you wish. Or go to http://sunbeam-light-solo-sports.co.uk/
Thanks,
Peter

phutton

A25 is indeed the prefix for the 1938 Light Solo. You will find this in the Spares list for 1938 models. If you are a member, the Club can supply copies of the spares list, manual and catalogue for that year. Only £4 (inc UK p&p) per copy!

Regards

Paul

speedsonic

I recently received a Sunbeam " Light Solo" in a reasonable condition with some parts missing, but I think they are no problem. The year should be 1938, the only thing, which make me wonder is the engine number A 25 E 511. I can't find the prefix A 25. If someone has an idea, please explain it to me.
reg speedsonic