New Member, new Sunbeam Owner

Started by Blacklightning, November 10, 2016, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicYouel

Stuart
With more than 50 Sunbeams at Banbury a visit is essential but you will not see two that are the same
Vic

Blacklightning

Quote from: shorrog on November 11, 2016, 10:01:20 AM
Welcome Stuart and good luck with the bike. I have a 1925 model 5 and whilst absolutely no expert might be able to help with photos of parts etc.
Graham

Thanks Graham, very much appreciated.

Keep you posted if photos needed. I am fortunate in there are few folks around me with lots of Sunbeam knowledge and some bikes to look at and photograph too.

Looking forward to my first ride (some way off!)

Stuart

Davetom

Hi,  I have the inverted levers in the end of the 'bars. If you look on the forum page under 'Banbury', there's a pic I posted this summer. I don't have lighting , no.
Cheers, Dave

Edit to ad- there's better pics under the Coventry to Brighton heading on here. It has an old carbide lamp in those pics, but I've removed that now

Blacklightning

Thanks Dave, thats the same bike but with the hockey stick guard is it not?

What kind of levers do you have on the bars Dave?

Do you have the lighting set on your bike?

Much appreciated.

Stuart

Davetom

Hi Stuart,
Welcome to the club/forum.. I have a '27 spec M6 ( reg Nov 26), happy to help with info or pics.

Regards, Dave

shorrog

Welcome Stuart and good luck with the bike. I have a 1925 model 5 and whilst absolutely no expert might be able to help with photos of parts etc.
Graham

Blacklightning

Good Evening All,

Just to introduce myself, Stuart Metcalfe from South end of Buckinghamshire. After several years of "you must get a Sunbeam..." from my good friend Vic Youel and a few missed machines, I have finally managed to become the very proud owner of a 1927 Model 5.

She hasn't turned a wheel since being completely restored in 1966-68 and then laid up in 1972. So work is just starting on an end to end restoration with the help of some friends who know much better and more than me.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the first riding experience in some months to come.

I am missing a couple of parts for the restoration project - and so will be posting in the wanted section.

Regards

Stuart