7 1/8" brakes

Started by singleminded, February 05, 2018, 09:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

singleminded

good news John..I know that Vic feels that brake shoes are an important item to have as spares..I just hope there are not too many variations in design over the years to make it impractical to do..John

johnguppy

I spoke to a member yesterday who informed me someone in Eastborne  is intending to make  complete  front and rear brakes  which i guess  will include brake shoes   i will pass on to Vic  the details  at the next local meeting or perhaps i will bump into him this weekend  this may add another item to be made 

VicYouel

I shall be very interested in the response; I think brake shoes would be an ideal spare for the club to supply but there is reluctance becasue of the safety issues. Every ridden bike should have a spare set of lined shoes on the shelf IMHO.
The Rudge club supply them for Rudges and they seem to have oversome problems. If there is a standard Honda, Yamaha etc brake shoe that could be modified then that of course would be a good solution too

singleminded

Has anyone found a substitute for the original '7"' brake shoes for Sunbeams..i need to get 4 shoes I can use/modify for a future build..John