Oil tank unions wanted.

Started by Tom Snow, March 04, 2018, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snow

Good morning John,

I have managed to source the unions from Mark Baker who supplies them complete with gauze filter. Mark also supplies a host of other small parts to aid restoration.

Best regards,

Tom.

Tom Snow

Good morning John,

Many thanks for the data from your tank, I have not tried Chris yet as I know he is recuperating from a hip operation I know he can get into his workshop but standing for long is out at the moment. I may give him a call and have a chat, I guess for some one as busy as him he must be getting bored being incapacitated even on a temporary basis.

Best regards,

Tom.

singleminded

Hi Tom..I just checked the oil tank i have and the internal diameter of the thread is 0.752" 3/42 for all intents, the outside diameter of the filter thread is 0.805" x 26tpi.
If the i.d of your thread is 49/64ths (0.765") I would suspect that it is within tolerance of the fitting for my tank, sadly i don't have a spare.Have you tried Chris Odling?.John

Tom Snow

Many thanks John, I did measure the thread quickly the other day and came up with a typically unique size as used by some component manufacturers of 49/64ths with 26 TPI ?? I really need to see the male part to be sure of any dimensions. I have dealt with Mark Baker before so will give him a call and see where I go from there.

Best regards,

Tom.

singleminded

I have a feeling that Mark Baker does the lower one with the gauze filter. I'm going to need one for another bike I'm building, but if I have another spare I'll let you know..We will need to double check the thread size though as I know mine will be for a 1932 bike..John

Tom Snow

I am looking for a pair of unions / adaptors that allow the oil supply and return to be connected to the tank. A damaged but complete part to copy would also be OK. Please see attached photograph. Thanks for looking. Tom 01323 840404, or 07813 153511, or tomwithruth@btinternet.com