1927 AMAL left hand handlebar single lever

Started by Blacklightning, November 10, 2016, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicYouel

Stuart
As you know I found an Amal assembly of the type you require yesterday but as Paul states Amal did not come into being until the carb companies amalgamated but will do for now

There were a couple of handlebars (Bowden or Amac) on a stall at the Brooklands autojumble yesterday that were of the built in controls type used in 1930/1 with straight pull throttle and advance/retard type; not complete but 100/150 ponds each
Vic

G.Walker

Hi,

Bowden is right for the Sunbeams!

Best wishes

C.C.

Blacklightning

Thanks Vic, Thanks Paul,

I did think that they might need to be an AMEC pair...

So I think I will hunt for both the AMAL left hand single and a pair of AMEC, double lever right hand side and single lever left hand side.

I am guessing that the AMAL may be slightly easier to find.

I did come across Bowden Levers of the right vintage but I don't think Sunbeam fitted these.

Thanks for your help.

Vic - I will call, thank you.

Regards

Stuart

phutton

Just a thought from an anorak! You should actually have AMAC levers - AMAL was not formed until late 1928. Best approach is to use the machine with what you can get while you look for the bits that should be on it (if you are at all bothered!)

Paul

VicYouel

Stuart
In the recently acquired large job lot now summarised on the web spares list there were some controls so try Les Hobbs..... best to phone
cheerio for now
Vic

Blacklightning

Good Evening,

As I start the restoration process of my 1927 Model 5 I would like to remove the 1928ish twist grip and revert to lever controls.

I have an early AMAL twin lever already on the right bar - I need a similar early single lever left hand stamped AMAL for the left hand bar. The type with the early articulated hinge clamp.

Condition not too important as I am having everything dull nickel plated.

Thanks very much for reading my post.

Regards

Stuart