Dates for Les Newman Run

Started by huwparsons, December 23, 2015, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huwparsons

Thanks Andy

Really looking forwards to it!

Email me directly if you need any help with accom.

Brgds

Huw

Andy Cubin

huwparsons

OK then

Dates firm for 28th and 29th May.

The Saturday run will start at Prebendal farm as opposed to the White Horse in Woolstone.
Start Time will be advised a bit closer the event but I hope for 1230.
The run should suit all years of manufacture and will take in some of the Eastern Cotswold villages such as Bibury.

Sunday will be as Previous years on Les Newman's route. Cant wait!

Accommodation is available in two villages near Prebendal farm Bishopstone.
Bishopstone itself has a good pub but due improvements probably wont be able to offer accommodation.

The Rose and Crown is a mile away in Ashbury; roseandcrowninn.co.uk
The White horse at Woolstone is a personal favourite; whitehorsewoolstone.co.uk (although it's another two miles away.)
There are numerous other B&B's and pubs in the area; contact me if you need help or advice.

Camping will be available too; please contact me for details!!
Hopefully this information will find its way onto the webpage Events section.

John and I would love to know if you intend coming so please ring one of us or email me on huwparsons@mac.com

Cheers for now

Huw

huwparsons

Hi All

Dates for Les Newman run confirmed as 29th May. As previously mentioned there will be a run on Saturday 28th too
for those that want it. Details to follow.

Thanks for the interest Tony; I'm thinking of a run out into the eastern Cotswold villages on the Saturday pm.

Accommodation list to follow..!

Huw

meddlesomebilly

Hello Huw,
Please count me in for the Les Newman Run, how about a LONG run on the Saturday, maybe the Sunday run in the other direction?
Tony.

huwparsons

That's good Paul; be good to see the 95.

I'm hoping to catch up with John P in the next few days to confirm the date.

Brgds

H

phutton

I don't see a problem with it being a Bank Holiday week-end - I'm just delighted that the event is going to be on again. Perhaps I'll be able to get there with my M95!

P.

huwparsons

Thanks for that Vic

I hope we can go firm on that date and get it in the next issue of 'Beaming as well as on the website.
Just would like to make sure that a bank holiday weekend is not a negative thing..

It seems to me that coinciding with the first weekend of the IOM TT is very appropriate! Also I don't think
there are any major VMCC events for a few weeks either side.

Cheers

Huw

VicYouel

Looks good to me..... we need to publicise this much more and let John know whether we are attending. Some I know were disappointed we did not give him more feedback last year for this wonderful event and venue.

Vic

huwparsons

Hello all

Chatting to John Phizacklea the other day who is contemplating putting on the Les Newman run again in 2016.
The obvious date is 28/29 May although it is a bank holiday weekend. Does anyone have any opinion on whether
this is a good thing or not? Would you come?

Would a short run Saturday pm followed by the Les Newman proper on Sunday be a good idea?

What do you think?!

Cheers

Huw