Lion speedometer

Started by P delaney, May 26, 2021, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P delaney

Hello Vic, I've email cornucopia regarding the gears. Many thanks for the pictures, they are a great help.
Regards Patrick.

klaudius

VicYouel

Good morning
Last time I checked http://www.cornucopia-enterprises.de/  supply the large gear wheel that screws on to the hub (left hand thread) and the smaller pinion that fixes to a standard Smiths Speed drive/gearbox that is fitted to the brake plate. You will need to check that your hub is suitably threaded.

I can send you a photo of the type of speedo drive needed and there are several versions with different ratios and for clockwise or counter clockwise operaration. You will also need  a suitable brake plate...... I can't find you on the current members list so could you email me please (my address is on the inside fromn tcover of Beaming) and I may be able to help you with some parts other than the gear wheels.
Regards
Vic Youel (club new spares person)

P delaney

Hello Claudius, I've called Draganfly in England but they couldn't help. Basically I need everything to fit a speedometer.
Many thanks.

klaudius

Hello
The drives (large and small ring gear) are available from Dragonfly. I also had to have a Eureka oil pressure indicator, as well as the mounts for the speedometer. I had it cut back then according to the original loader. My English is very bad. Please put a photo so I can see what's missing. Greetings from Germany. Claudius

P delaney

Hello everyone, I'm a new member having bought a1934 Lion and trying to get it sorted for the road. I'm wanting to fit a speedometer, does anyone know where I can find the parts including the drum gears and gearbox drive, speedometer and bracket.
Also the telltale and oil pressure gauge are intermittent. Any advice would be gratefully received. Mobile 07905 987352, many thanks.