CLUB ZOOM MEETINGS 2022

Started by m90, March 19, 2022, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken the Sec

Following this evening's meeting, please see the thread, also under "EVENTS", RNLI Lifeboat station tour for links to more information on this enterprise.

Thomas

Very well, Ken! Written notes would be even better. I hesitate to ask speakers for notes because they are extra work. But any additional information is appreciated. I also tried to write notes. But as a non-native speaker I had a hard time to instantaneously understand some specifics.
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

Ken the Sec

Hello Thomas.  Yes - a very useful presentation by Chris.   I spent much of it scribbling on a notepad and the page is now cut and pasted (literally!) into my book of stuff about my Sunbeams.

We discussed the possibilities and implications of recording meetings at some length last year and concluded that this was not really a practical option for us. What we might be able to do is ask the speakers for copies of any presentation material used (or in this case perhaps some summary notes) and then include these when sending out the next invitation / reminder.  I shall discuss this with Nick before the next meting. 

Thomas

That was a great Zoom meeting again and my special thanks go to Chris Odling, of course. Chris delivered a tremendous amount of highly interesting oral information. This information was extremely compact, though, so that it remains difficult to remember. For the future I therefor suggest to record our meetings (if everybody agrees) and making them available to club members. I also suggest to ask all speakers for additional softcopy information (texts, Power Point etc.) for making long-term available their information.

Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

Ken the Sec

CORRECTION - This next meeting will take place on Tuesday 5th April (not the 6th)

m90

The monthly Club zoom meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of the month on a screen near you! The meetings start at 7pm until 8.30pm approximately. The average turnout is about 20, and discussion usually focusses on a technical Sunbeam topic or features an interesting machine.

The next meeting on 6th April features our renowned expert Chris Odling, who will open the meeting speaking on the topic "General maintenance on your Sunbeam and minor repairs".

All members with an email address automatically receive log-in details and topic information for each meeting by email a few days before the event.

If you have suggestions for future topics and/or speakers, please contact Nick Shelley at nickshelley@hotmail.com or Ken Jeddere-Fisher at register.mscr@gmail.com.