Model 95L clutch stack-up problems

Started by MarkO, July 03, 2021, 03:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

The parts list for the M95 shows two Ferodo plates at 7/32" thick plus one at 11/32". We have never been able to work out why JML used two different thicknesses, as this set-up is very crowded. Three at 7/32" seems OK.

The Used Spares stock might include an outer plate - check with Paul Knight.

Paul H

MarkO

MarkO

Hello all
Does anyone out there have a 6 spring pressure plate for my Model 95 that they would be prepared to part with?
Mine has at some point been modified with an addition of a 1/8 inch thick plate that is riveted onto the main pressure plate. At least I assume it is a mod.
My clutch is running with 2 friction plates but looking at the available space in the basket, there is room for another. Does anyone know how many friction plates there should be?
I have just had the clutch basket and two friction plates reclined by Saftek Services. This was after having the clutch re-corked last year. A season of reasonably spirited riding finished off the corks in the clutch basket. Some were almost sliced in two!
I can recommend Saftek. They turned the job around in three days and charged a very reasonable £58. However, the stack height is now slightly less, which is giving me some problems with my actuating rod which has been modified to incorporate a roller thrust bearing. It works very well but relies on correct spacing between the end of the mainshaft and the pressure plate.
I hope this all makes sense
Rgds
Mark Odlum