Screen - Lamp holder

Started by klaudius, February 12, 2021, 07:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaudius

Thank you for your photo. Now the fact is slowly crystallizing that the screws (6 point with slot) in the holder for the lamp are screwed in from the outside. The screws for the mudguard are also screwed in from the outside. Technically a bit strange but easier to assemble. That was certainly the reason. I have the same thing on my 32,600 Longstroke. But I was never sure. Thank you very much for your help. Stay healthy. Claudius

AndyB

I think my 1932 Lion forks are a similar design to yours - the bolts screw in from the outside with a nut on the inside.

klaudius

Thank you for your pictures. Unfortunately, my machine has completely different technical solutions. Maybe someone can help? Greetings Claudius

Thomas

Hmm, I'm afraid my design looks a little different. My two upper lamp holders are attached to the outer side of the fork (fork1.jpg). However, the two lower holders are attached to the connecting bridge of the fork together with the mudguard (fork2.jpg). Maybe somebody else can help.
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

klaudius

Hello. Thanks for your answer. Not sure if I got it right. The flat iron holders for the lamp (Lucas H52) are screwed to the fork above and below. Screws are screwed into the fork from the outside behind the flat iron holder and the lock nut? The holder for the mudguard is also screwed onto the fork from the outside. Lock nut is screwed inside. In my photo, the screws that are too long are only provisionally. Greetings Claudius. Please excuse my English. Photo is always very helpful.

Thomas

Hello Claudius,

I suspect that your bolts are screwed in the wrong way around. On my Model 9 (and also on my BSA) the bolts are screwed from the outside into a nut (German 'Mutter' = English 'nut') that is soldered on the inside.

Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

klaudius

Hello
I have a short question. The screws of the lamp holder and mudguard holder are fastened from the inside out. Do the screws also have a counter nut on the outside? I still have half a half 350 SV machine standing around here. Now mother is missing. Was it so original or has it been lost over the years?
Greetings from Germany. Claudius.