Dremel Question

Started by Andy Cubin, May 25, 2016, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

I've had a genuine dremel for 30 years or so and it's still going strong. I've also tried a couple of imitations which have given up the ghost in a couple of years or so.

It's a bit like snap-on spanners: the initial cost is eye watering but when you find you're still using them 40 years later (and in the case of Snap-on if they do ever have a problem they will be replaced / repaired FOC whatever the age) then I know which I will go for whenever I can afford it.

Perhaps sadly I'm now able to afford better tools than I need.......

singleminded

There are some milling type burrs that you can get for these mini grinder/drills, I would use one of those..
I don't have a 'Dremel' which is a trade name..All the tools like the dremel all are much the same. They come with 2 collets for different size shaft bits and most work well.
Where abouts in the country are you?.If you are in suffolk I have a mill. John

Andy Cubin

A further question if you please:

The gap between the piston bosses on the new piston is 2 mm narrower than on the old one, so it will not fit on the little end of the con rod.

Dremel seems the tool of choice to trim down 1mm on each side, but is there a specific attachment that is perfect for the job?

Cheers

Andy

Andy Cubin

Folks,

need to invest in a Dremel to just do a little bit of trimming inside a piston.

Are they all much the same or is there a good make to go for?

Cheers

Andy