Les Newman Run

Started by huwparsons, April 17, 2016, 06:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutton

Many thqnks, Huw, for taking up this run - it is so worthwhile! It was great excuse for me to get out on a bike (even if it was a Honda) for the longest ride I have done in a day for many, many years.

I'm sure Steve Corbett would really appreciate some of the pictures.

P.

huwparsons

Thanks Vic and Andy, good to put faces to names after all this time!
Thanks very much for coming all, I'll have another go next year but can't promise the weather will be so perfect!

A good friend in the village I live in took some good photos including various people riding up the hill from Aldbourne. see them at https://www.flickr.com/gp/133408735@N03/54z0L8
Dominic is very happy to hand out originals if you want them.

Isle of Mull TT this weekend; Fantastic!

Brgds

Huw

VicYouel

Smashing weekend and many thanks for the good work Huw and good to meet you and other members for the first time

Vic

PS Nice snaps Andy

Andy Cubin

and finally...

Andy Cubin

and...

Andy Cubin

and...

Andy Cubin

and...

Andy Cubin

and...

Andy Cubin

and...

Andy Cubin

Nice to meet some of you yesterday - I promise I will have my machine up and running for next year.  Meanwhile, please enjoy some of my photography:

Best regards

Andy

huwparsons

Hello All

Just a quick update on the Event this weekend.

The Saturday afternoon run starts at Prebendal farm, Bishopstone at midday. (SN6 8PT for the GPS!)
the route winds through the north eastern Cotswold villages to Bibury for a refreshment stop. The return route is on faster roads to Burford and back to Bishopstone. Total 60 miles, route card or follow me/drop off if preferred.  Full petrol before setting off is a good idea although there is petrol at about 37 miles.

There will be a 'social' on Saturday evening at one of the local pubs and/or at the Indian in Shrivenham if there is enough demand!

The Sunday run starts at 11.00 again at Prebendal farm in Bishopstone
and follows Les Newmans 1934 practice Manx Grand Prix route as in previous years.
There will be a stop at the top of Hackpen hill and a refreshment stop at
''The Crown' in Aldbourne.

Some of the roads have pretty dodgy surfaces so watch out for potholes!

The whole area and especially Lambourne  is very popular horse country. Please take great care when passing.

All we need now is the weather gods to smile favourably on us!

Any Questions by email please.

Regards to all

Huw Parsons

huwparsons

THE MARSTON SUNBEAM CLUB & REGISTER
THE LES NEWMAN MEMORIAL RUN 28TH & 29TH MAY

Another running of the popular event which follows Les Newman's practice route for the 1934
Manx around the Wiltshire downs

SUNDAY 29TH MAY 2016 PREBENDAL FARM, BISHOPSTONE, WILTSHIRE SN6 8PT
11.00 Start. Route card or guided ride with a stop for refreshments in Aldbourne.

For those who would like to make a weekend of it there will also be a social run into the Cotswolds
starting at 12 noon on Saturday 28th from Prebendal farm.This will take in some of the idyllic
Cotswold landscape and villages with a variety of A and B roads. Route cards available or follow
me/drop off. There will be a couple of pub stops for refreshments.

If you require accommodation and would like some help please get it touch soon as the local pubs
and small hotels are filling up quickly it being a bank holiday weekend.
Camping/ Camper van area available! (please enquire)

Please contact Huw Parsons (huwparsons@mac.com) or telephone 07979250930 to let me know
if you are coming.

Organisers. John Phizacklea and Huw Parsons

huwparsons

Hello all

Just to say that accommodation is almost full for the night of the 28th May; it is
bank holiday weekend after all!

If you are planning on coming and would like me to help find a room please contact
me on huwparsons@mac.com or 07979250930
There are plenty of small pubs in the area some of which still have space...

Looking forwards to seeing you

cheers!

Huw