Lost tail light cover

Started by Thomas, June 28, 2018, 04:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Yes, I know. But unfortunately the German plate is 220mm wide and 200mm high. You can make a cake on it.  :P
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
... and a scratched Hyundai
(MSCR member)

kbryt

Ah, But, the original number plate did have a big hole for the rear lamp!  You can buy them ready to fit with the hole.

But I suppose you are referring to the actual German registration plate?

Thomas

Hi Rick, thanks for your kind offer but  I see no real chance to copy the cover. It would be too complicated, especially the original Lucas seal. I now bought the MT110 replica from Cornucopia Enterprises. Very nice brass casing. My local locksmith will make a respective bracket for the number plate holder because in Germany it is not allowed to drill a big hole into the original number plate.
Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)

Rick Parkington

Yes, very sorry to hear that, Thomas - they are very scarce - and expensive. I suspect you may have to make one up. I have one on my '35 Norton and am happy to send you photos/measurements if that would help.
Bit late now but I always worried about losing mine, so I drilled two small holes and linked the halves together with a small loop of brazing rod soldered into a ring.
I was peed off enough about losing my nice old bronze VMCC badge somewhere at Mallory 1000 bikes as I tore round on the '28 Model 9 last weekend but losing one of those puts it into perspective.
On a lighter note,  though, my mate Nick also lost something at Mallory;  a funny little spacer from the rear chainguard that incorporates a threaded adjuster for a foot operated oil pump control. En route to the beer tent for the evening, we three couples decided to walk round the track - pleasant evening and you never know we just might spot my badge or Nick's spacer  - I know, fat chance!
But blow me if Nick himself didn't suddenly yell out "I found it!" the tiny spacer was laying in the grass at the side of the track.
Cheers Rick

kbryt

Those  nice 1930s stop/tail units are very rare I have never seen one in the flesh.
Good hunting.

Thomas

Hi all! I lost the cover of my tail light and have to find a replica or a spare. What can I do? Every idea is appreciated.
Cheers, Thomas
1946 BSA C11
1937 Sunbeam Model 9
(MSCR member)