Side car fittings 1927 Model 7

Started by johnguppy, December 15, 2017, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singleminded

Quote from: kbryt on December 16, 2017, 10:50:32 AM
possibly the larger front engine stud nut would have been replaced with half a clevis joint?
That's what I was thinking of. We had that on my brothers bike back in the 60's

singleminded

kbryt

possibly the larger front engine stud nut would have been replaced with half a clevis joint?

johnguppy

thanks
does seem there is not one   in the later picture  what I think I need is a picture of someone's bike and sidecar 

singleminded

It looks like there was not a front lower fitting on the later, after 1930, bikes

singleminded

This photo is from 1924, might help..John

johnguppy

Yes I totally agree  but there is no sign of any other clamp on the chassis   and  if someone has a sidecar   if they  have on a picture would give me a good chance of finding  what I require 

thanks anyway

singleminded

I would have thought that the lower front fitting should go to one of the frame/engine plate bolts.John

johnguppy

I am looking for information  on  side car fixings  for 1927 Model 7  600SV    I have just found a sidecar and  now looking to attach to the bike , the fittings  I have are ;_
rear lower  fixing is a ball joint bolted  though  rear frame by rear wheel
middle fixing is a bolt under frame  by seat 
front top is a clamp  on the  frame  on down tube and tube under tank 

I am told that there should be a forth   lower down at the front but cant see any connection  unless  it fits to the foot board   fixings   would anyone who has one  could they send me a picture  of the clamp  so I can get an idea of what I am seeking   or if I am lucky does anyone have anything 

Also looking for information on hood and screen fixings 

To help  I am going to make some spare wheel  fixings as I have QD  if anyone wants anything  I others 

thanks
john