Headlight spec for 1935 Model 9

Started by Upperstoker, May 01, 2017, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicYouel

I have seen genuine Lucas flat glass with flutes go for more than 100 quid! If you are lucky you will find them on car stalls at Beaulieu for much less...... me I would go with the £100 headlamp and ANyone who criticises it ask them if they have a genuine one!
cHEERS
vIC

phutton

The flat glass version is correct, but I'm sure you could get the lamp rather cheaper than Eur345. There are several other suppliers: Feked, Vintage Replica, etc that could supply the unit. However, the Motomania offering does look very good quality.

P.

Upperstoker

VicYouel

Looking at my 1935 Sunbeam catalogue the headlamp looks to be an 8 inch version with an integral switch and ammeter. This is a Lucas model and I think normally had a fluted flat glass that is now very rare.

Studying my Lucas catlogue it lists for 1936 (do not have 1935 data) which is likely to be the same and probably the first year they used the control box (MCR1) the headlamp is model DU142F with a CZ27 ammeter (+ and - ) and a U39 switch.

Upperstoker

I am after information on the size and make of headlight that would have been correct for a 1935 Model 9