Dynamo for 1934/35 Model 8 350

Started by Harry, January 20, 2016, 07:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Thanks Paul & Ian for your input,will try what you have suggested Paul when I get a moment.
Its been layed up a while ,the last time we had it on the road was 1985 and its been in storage since so I could be that the brushes are stuck too.
Many thanks again and will let you know how I get on.

Harry

phutton

He's the one the MSC&R "Home Team" always uses!

P.

iansoady

.... but if you don't want to do it yourself Tony Cooper on +44121 559 2405 is excellent and actually supplies most of the bits the other rebuilders use.

iansoady

Dynamos are relatively simple devices and often no charge is simply down to worn out brushes. Radco's Vintage Motorcyclists' Workshop is a mine of information on them (and virtually everything else).

phutton

Hi Harry,

Do you know whether it is definitely the dynamo, or could it be the wiring or regulator? You can do a simple motoring check by connecting the D & F connections together then attach a wire to this joint. Connect this wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Connect another wire to the negative terminal and touch this to the frame of the dynamo, which should motor merrily.

If it doesn't, you will need to find a good repairman. Any of those in our Suppliers List will be OK, but perhaps not cheap!

Good luck!

Paul

Harry

Hi folks
Looking for help on above dynamo not charging,numbers on body as follows
Z628 LUCAS 134
MODEL E3M-3
TYPEL-0
INSIDE BRASS CAP
MODEL S.B.5.
6V TYPE L2.
Many thanks in advance