New Essex Venue for the East Anglia Section of the club

Started by sports9, August 14, 2015, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sports9

Dear members, I trust this message finds you all well and enjoying the summer while it lasts. This message has been posted to inform you that the venue for the Essex East Anglia Section has moved from The Three Tuns. The primary reason is that the landlord has recently become surly with members from all three pre-1940 clubs that meet on the first Saturday of the month. This culminated this month with him giving some Marston members verbal abuse, or at least that is how it was interpreted.  When the Marston Sunbeam register/club first starting meeting at the pub three years ago he was more than welcoming however, over the course of these years his demeanour has changed to the point where I feel he treats us with disdain. While I don't expect the landlord to be tipping his cap every time a member enters his premises, retaining a standard of courtesy and respect doesn't seem too much to ask. It is with this in mind along with recent events which has caused me to move our brilliant and well attended monthly meet to The Vine, Vine St, Great Bardfield, Braintree, Essex CM7 4SR.

For those of you who don't know where this is, it is the next village along to Finchingfield. A table is reserved for those who wish to sit down and eat lunch as well as there being two outside areas in which to eat and drink, there is also a very large hard standing car park. The pub also caters for those who require gluten free or vegetarian food. All in all it is a definite move in the right direction for all concerned, and at least with this venue there is an opportunity if we so wish to hold an event on site. It's something to think about.

So for those of you who are already attending I look forward to seeing you at The Vine at midday on the first Saturday of September. For those of you who are yet to attend I look forward to hopefully seeing you in the near future at one of our monthly section meets.

In the meantime keep on beaming!!! Oh... and if anyone knows where I can locate a pair of 1936 primary cases for my 500 model 9 sports please let me know.

Until Anon: Pete