Windsor Run and Southern Region meet Thursday 15th June 2015

Started by VicYouel, June 18, 2015, 03:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicYouel

The 20th meeting of the Southern Region of the Marston Sunbeam Club and Register and friends will take place at noon on Thursday 25tth June
The venue is again THE FOX AND CASTLE IN OLD WINDSOR.  Address is 21 Burfield Road, SL4 2RB tel 01 753 832408.  Call me if you need directions.

See also http://www.thefoxandcastle.co.uk/

There will be run through the Royal Windsor Great Park for all girder forked pre WW2 machines. Please be especially careful in the park of horse riders and other traffic and behave in gentlemanly manner as behoves riders of Sunbeams. After previous failures we are going to make a real effort to utilise the drop off system. Instructions follow:

DROP  OFF SYSTEM

There are many ways to organise a motorcycle run ranging from grid reference navigation, written instructions and tulips or simply follow my leader techniques maintaining a watch for the rider behind you. In my opinion the drop off system is the most straightforward to guarantee a group and enjoyable and safe outing.

The essence of the drop off system is to ensure you follow a few simple rules.

1. At each change of direction  "the leader" drops off the rider behind him to mark the junction. The rider must wait until the "tail end charlie" sweeps him up when he may proceed to catch up.

2. The "dropped off"  rider must wait even for 30 minutes or more otherwise the run will fail.

3. Overtaking is actively encouraged...... whilst riding in convoy is discouraged. Thus faster riders will do more drop offs and the slowest riders may never even have to stop. Bunching may occur as you get near the leader to take your turn at a "drop off"

4.  The "tail end charlie" will be accompanied by a support rider...... in the event of breakdown he will take appropriate action to ride up the field and communicate to the junction markers.

5. Do not give other riders directions it is each rider's responsibility to observe the highway code

Any problems call me on 07786 605720.